Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 21:49:06 EDT
As some of you may recall, there is a super fine lady caring for 50 very
sick ferrets that were brought into the F.A.I.R. shelter in Westmont Ill.
She actually had a special room made now in her own home with room dividers
to care for her charges.  They all require medication and duck soup and
expensive vet visits.  Many have had surgery since with Mary.  Many others
require surgery.

Mary has asked me to thank the many of you that have called her to order
ferret supplies.  33 1/2 percent of all monies goes directly to those 50
sick ferrets.  The rest pays for the supplies Mary sends to you.  God Bless
you guys for helping to care for these poor tiny guys.  They are in very
good hands with Mary.  But she is $12,000 in debt from the surgeries for
these guys thus far.

In all the shows I have gone to, I personally have only seen one sturdy yet
adorable, funny ferret bowl.  Mary sells them.  And after waiting some time
for more to come in, they have finally arrived.  They are the 24 hour
ferret bowls, and drove me wild the minute I saw one.  I am not just saying
that.  They are really ferrety.  I just ordered 2 more my self.

The outside has a cartoon character fert in striped shirt looking back and
dooking, two silver mitts coming out of a large plastic ball smiling, a
chocolate fert sitting in his hammock reading a book, and the butt of a
naughty fert digging in a flower pot with dirt flying behind him.  In the
center of the bowl is a happy fert wearing a yellow and red polka dot
shirt.

Not only is the bowl way cute.  Not only is it heavy, sturdy glass that I
have not broken in 2 years of being a klutz.  But what is important is that
it is white.  Until I got this bowl, I had no idea how dirty the fert water
bowl was.  Now I can tell if I should change the water 3 times or only
twice a day.  My poor babies had dirty water that needed replacing but I
couldn't tell before I got this bowl.  Those dark bowls don't show a Mom
what she needs to see.  I was so grossed out when I saw all the food
particles and even tiny bugs in the white bowl.  Who knows if I ever got my
babies sick because I did not know their water bowl was disgusting??

Mary also has the Screaming Weasel for $7.50 and these cute as the dickens
bowls are only $4.95.!!!!!!!!
You can call 1-630-968-8142.
Or write to FAIR, P.O.Box 952, Westmont,Il 60559.

Mary is also a good source of information on biting ferrets, or with any
health questions.

Thank you all again so much for helping to care for these 50 sick little
ones.

Happy 4th of July!
Lisette