From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 12:04:20 -0500
Linatone without the mess:
Walmart has these wonderful little clear glass ashtrays for 50 cents.  The
weight & the shape of the edges discourages carrying off to stash-places &
the size (2 1/2' inside diameter) helps keep whiskers from dipping into the
treat or soup.

Pred dosages:
In my experience, we've usually started with a relatively high dosage for
insulinoma, and worked that dosage down slowly as much as possible keeping
in mind that the purpose is to stabilize blood sugar levels.  The more that
dosage can be lowered during the first few months, the better, since it is
probable that the dosage will have to be increased at a later date as the
condition worsens.  In my personal experience, 1ml.  twice a day, is not
excessive.  It is Dr. Kendrick's usual starting point which varies
according to the severity of the initial blood glucose level.  I'm not a
vet or a medical professional... just the one distributes the medications.

Bathing:
Around here, ferrets get baths every couple of months, or when they roll
around in something really nasty, or a rescue brings in fleas.  Sometimes,
one of the boys will decide to do a urine groom (whole males & late neuters
mostly) & gets a baby-wipe wash up a little more frequently.  The easiest
way to keep ferrets fresh smelling is to change bedding at least once a
week & keep their boxes clean.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home