From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:57:15 -0600
Well Sukie, honestly, I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression.
I certainly don't use the products of Mustela (ack that baby belly was
enough to put me off lol).  I just thought it was weird.  I looked for
mink oil too knowing that many older type cosmetics used it.  But
couldn't find anything.  I recall all too well to many things that use
animal products.

As for ACV, apple cider vinegar, it makes a great hair rinse.  And you
can use one tablespoon baking soda to one cup water as a "no-poo"
shampoo.  There is a community called Natural Living on Livejournal that
is devoted to just that, using less chemicals and going cruelty free.

As for face scrubs, you can use sugar and oil, salt and oil, baking soda
and oil, for acne make a paste of aspirin and water.  You can also wash
your face with olive and castor oils instead of soap.

However I make soap. And shampoo bars. My budget is so tight and small that
I couldn't afford even moderately priced things.  I spend all my extra on
the kiddos.  Even a third of my monthly food bill goes to making rat food
and buying meat for the ferrets who eat it.

And don't forget, the more natural you keep your house (cleaners and
personal cosmetic especially fragrances) the less pollution for both you
and your ferrets.  I am a firm believer in keeping things as simple as
they can be.  After living with someone who felt more chemicals is better
and who was a germ a phobe, it is nice to come into my apartment and
actually smell, well, just plain air.  All those fake smells and cleaners
add to the toxic load your body carries and that leaves it less to fight
off other things with.

Blessings,
Margie