From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 1994 16:55:12 -0400
As if his various attempts at suicide weren't enough, Scooter has now
begun a new program of biting when he doesn't get his way.  I've been
working since I got him to curtail his nipping, by flicking him in the
nose and shouting No! when he bites me.

He's gotten a BIT better about that, but he has begun to bite when he
doesn't want to be picked up, etc.  He's currently locked in his cage
after biting me hard and hanging on until snapped in the nose for the
second time this morning.  Not only that, but after being scruffed and
reprimanded for a particularly hard bite, he often bites again in
retribution when I put him back down.

I don't think any of you have to be told that this is NOT acceptable
behavior.  I really don't know what else to do; he refuses to be trained
not to bite, instead getting worse.  My relationship with my ferret is
quickly deteriorating into a dominance contest.  I'll win every time, but
that's not the point.

Does anybody out there have any ideas about what I can do?  I'm really
stressed out over this, and any suggestions would be eagerly welcomed.

Chris and Scooter the Death Machine Ferret