From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:04:55 -0400
He called back today with more results.  He said it came back and did not
look like tumor or cancer related.  Said it looked like a viral infection
and wants to put him on a second antibiotic for 10 days.  He said "as
long as he's not getting worse, I'd like to try the antibiotics first" so
we're doing just that.  We've got 5 days left of the current antibiotic
but he wants us to come in today preferrably to get the second anitbiotic
going.  So anyway, if this doesn't help or if Calix gets worse in any
way, the doc wants to do a spleen biopsy or depending on bad Calix is
exploratory surgery.  The only problem with that is that if Calix gets
worse, he won't be strong enough for surgery in my opinion.  I'm thinking
about a second opinion, but the vet I want to see is a 2 hour drive from
us, so we're going to have to schedule a day trip sort of.  She was our
vet when we lived in Atlanta and I really liked her, we all felt very
comfortable with her and didn't want to leave atlanta strictly because of
her...but we couldn't stand atlanta anymore *sigh* Anyway.  Adrian thinks
it might be a good idea to go see her, so that's a start.  I'll post
again later tonight with the antibiotics we're giving Calix, I don't know
the names off hand.

Oh yeah, I'm also going to post a picture or two of Calix...got a snap
of him sleeping between the food and water dish yesterday ^.^

In Christ,
Ann Haager (& hubby - Adrian)
~Ferrets: Lupi, Dewey, Rainbow, Skittles, Calix, Pearl, Snap, Oreo,
Gandalf & Samweis
~~Rainbow Bridge: Xanth & Pixie
~Dogs: Shadow & Onyx
~Cat: Zoe