From:
Joseph Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:16:09 -0500
Hey guys, Whats up?

I haven t had time to write to the list, but I have been reading the few
that I fit in to my schedule.  I hope everyone is fine.(including the
humans!  ;)

So, let me get straight to the point.  I m worried that my Smokey isn t
getting what he needs.  We recently bought him a new cage(February 16).
It is a one story, but plenty big enough.  (I got a one story because of
the simple fact that he spends to much time out of his cage to have a
REALLY big one.)

He will only use a corner box like TWICE, and then he goes to the corners.
SO...............I have to use a cat litter box.  He never misses!  BUT,
the cat box takes up a LOT of space in his cage.

Now keep in mind that that isnt a VERY good drawing, but it gives you an
idea of what im dealing with.

Now, before you jump one me for being unfair, I keep it CLEAN!  But, I have
notice some changes in Smokey.  First of all, his hair is coarse.  Now, I
have taken into consideration that he has his spring coat, which is coarse
anyway.  But the litter also makes a difference.  But he also appears
skinnier.  I also took into consideration that animals lose SOME weight in
the hot months, but im just paranoid.  Please please please give me some
tips of how I can help the situation.  I want my normal SMOKEY back.  (You
can say LITTER TRAIN all you want, but he can not be trained........I have
tried countless times)

I consider myself to be one of the best ferret owners around.....so please
dont think ill of me.Im just asking for your advice of how to get a smaller
box in there.

Joseph and Smokey

PS.......it would be really easy if you could email me here. [log in to unmask]

PSS..........the PICTURE of the cage i sent did not appear, but i would
say that over half the cage is a litter box