From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:07:04 -0400
Hi all.....

Just wanted to share a new neat trick that was very easy to teach my little
jumper, Nicholas!  I think it's imporatant to say that Nick had the trick
in him and sort of taught it to me, but if you have a natural jumper in
your group, you might like to give it a try.

Nick will reliably jump up into my hands whenever I clap and call him.
From anywhere in the house!  I just caught him one day when he was doing
his usual "Mommy, I luuuv you!" leap at my feet and then put him down and
clapped and picked him up again...he loved this one-on-one attention and
the excited cuddles that followed!!  The other day, my sister was over and
was really impressed...not being a huge ferret fan, she thought it was
great and didn't realize I was just using his natural talents and rewarding
him for it!  Teaching your ferrets a trick or two is great P.R.  for them
when out and about meeting other people who don't realize just how smart
these little ones are, too.  BTW, the side effects of this "game" have been
great...Nick has cut down on his feet biting by about 70%...cause he's too
busy leaping for cuddles!!

Yeah to Abbey and her Mom Eileen on a great recovery...lots of hard work on
both sides to get you well little girl!!

Great happy-ending story about Frankie's escape Kelli....anytime I read
those stories I get chills thinking about near-escapes of my own
fuzzies....

take care all,
Michele & the 8-iz-enuff crew

PS from Nick....how to teach your Hoooman new twicks...send me a SASE and
I'll tell all!!!!