From:
Carmen Mok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 10:14:42 PDT
Hi Everyone !

My little one, Ritz, had an adventurous trip recently.  Just last week, we
flew for a total of 22 hours across the Pacific Ocean to the sunny skies of
Singapore.  We flew from Vancouver, BC in Canada to Singapore.  I travel to
Singapore every summer cos it is my home and sincemy family here has not
seen my little baby, I thought it would be an excellent idea to bring him
here.  Although there were many many complications and paperwork, it is
all worthwhile.  I didn't want him to be with someone else for four months
anyway... so I've decided to bring him along with me.  He is now here with
me in Singapore.  The authorities require him to be at the quarantine for
30 days which isn't so bad afterall.  He has a room full of cats as his
companion for the next thirty days.  Also, he has a two level cage to play
around with..  he usually have a one level cage.

Except for the change of weather especially in the humidity here, he is
adapting very very well with the environment.  His appetite actually
increases as well.

One observation though... how does one know if the little ones have adrenal
disease ?  I found a little bump right beneath his little "pee pee" and was
wondering what it was.  I asked the vet at the quarantine and he said that
he didn't think it was anything serious since Ritz didn't show any signs of
pain or discomfort.  Also, he has a little ulcer look-alike in his mouth..
once again, he is not showing any signs of discomfort at all.  Infact, he
looks better than ever.

So, let me know what u guys think ok ?  There aren't many ferrets here to
start off with since it is actually an illegal animal.  I've managed to get
the permit to import him here..  what a wonder..

let me know what u think guys.. tata

carmen.. ritz's mummy..