Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2009 11:15:33 -0400
You know, I think I'm going to toss this wireless keyboard out of the
window. Somehow letters and even entire words don't get communicated to
the computer. Making matters worse, spell check does not pick up missed
words. Between a misfiring keyboard and the misfiring of the neurons in
my brain, I made a bit of a mess of yesterdays post. I'm very sorry if
you took the time to read it and ended up confused. It's important to
me that a few of those mistakes are cleared up.

>Then I lost my mother. It's now been four months. Already I received
>a call from a sibling. "Do you know that nice memorial movie you made
>about Mother? Well, I wanted to tell you that if Daddy wants any more
>things like that done... you need to find ways out of it. He's living
>in the past and he's not doing well". The control issue was not
>happening in my own family.

"The control issue was NOW happening in my own family" ... that was the
whole point of that paragraph and the mistake led the reader to think
opposite.

>Why does everyone feel the need to judge it, and to even control it
>Is it because they feel so much for that person, or is more a selfish
>act in that they don't want to deal with it themselves?

"or is it more"... Lots of typos, this is just one of many in this
post. It can get very distracting.

>Recently a ferret friend lost an old, old friend. Her favorite ferret.
>She is devastated. I've been reading her letters that speak of great
>memories... and bad memories. It occurred to me that any thoughts of
>what is "normal" or "right" about her grieving would even cross my
>mind, let alone having the nerve to voice it to her.

...that is "normal" or "right" about her grieving would NEVER even
cross my mind .." Once again, that typo lost the whole point I was
trying to get across. That's upsetting to me.

>Sean, who is crippled socially and emotionally ... to Rocky's death
>incredibly well.

"...TOOK Rocky's death incredibly well."

Oh my goodness, see?? Another of so, so many stupid mistakes in this
post. I'm really very sorry. I expected typos and misspellings being
taxed by everything, but I never thought the mistakes would happen in
the most crucial of places.

I"ve received a couple of private emails about this post. I was so
thrilled to see that the length of my post did not put everyone off and
that it was indeed read. I am not surprised, however, to see that many
of us are on the same wavelength on this topic. :)  Isn't it just so
sad that so very many of us out there are so "sick"? Yah, poor us ...

Today I will be putting our oldest ferret, hubby's friend, Blacky,
to sleep. Hubby is on strike this time and won't go. He is takes the
deaths of our babies very, very hard. He is also a little irrate that
I am doing this so soon. I am relieved to catch this little guy before
quality of life is lost and before he falls into the pits of pain. I'm
sure my neigbhors will be watching with raised eyebrows as we bury yet
another in our small backyard in the rain. It's okay that hubby is sad
and won't come. It's okay that he does not want ferrets again because
to this day he cries about Ping and Pong and all of the others. He'll
change his mind in coming years, he always does. It's okay that Chet
will be completely relieved and at peace as he digs the hole and never
goes through any obvious grief. It's okay that Sean is shocked and asks
why. And you know what? It's even okay if I go visit the grave to talk
to him, brush it off, and pull the weeds through out the coming days.
And best yet, it's okay with my ferret friends if I say bizarre things
in the future such as, "oh no, it's raining on poor Blacky today... he
hated the rain and he's getting all wet." No doubt I'll get an equally
strange comment right back. "That's why I have my boy in the freezer".

Little ferret humor there ... you'll have to excuse us, we are a very
sick people.

Wolfy