From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:16:48 -0700
>Donna, I'm so sorry.  It hurts so bad to lose them.  You know that I'm in
>Colorado- the whole state is on fire- we are on standby to evacuate, so
>far the fire by me has burned 140,000 acres, and shows no sign of slowing-
>completely out of control.  They are telling people just to get out of
>the way, not to try and fight it at all.  I guess it now qualifies as the
>biggest fire in Co history.  I'm sick over the wildlife- there is no way
>most of them are getting out- those that do will have been injured and
>abandoned their young.  Because the fire is still out of control, no
>one can get in to assess the damage yet, or help any of the animals.
>Hopefully most of them died of smoke inhalation, before the fire got
>them.  So, as bad as it hurts you, that little creature had the best of
>everything, and died knowing love and protection--I don't know that that
>helps you any, but in a way I consider it a privilege to be able to
>help them out of this world in such a caring way.  I know you are very
>spiritual-- PLEASE pray for our animals who are now dying by the
>thousands, in pain and terror.  The fire was started by a forrest service
>worker on fire patrol- she was going to start the fire, then put it out
>to look like a hero, then everything got out of control.  Everyone is
>sick over this- Gerri

Please everyone,
Keep the people in Colorado in your prayers as they battle this out of
control fire, there are many animals involved, wild and domesticated, and
i am sure there are ferret homes.  I have been around fires, huge ones,
but nothing like this, living in California a few years ago had introduced
me to earthquakes and fires of the large scale.  I had seen 5,000 acres
burn on Camp Pendleton, nothing like this one, but ...it scared me!  I
called my mother in Wisconsin, and told her i didn't know what to take
first... the cats!!!  Of course...

Jalepeno goes in for her surgery today ..  My Clover is not doing well,
but she IS NOT a good candidate for surgery.  Since losing Roxy.  Clover
is very reserved and quiet.  Keep these girls in your prayers, please.

sincerely
donna