Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:39:10 -0500
>She bent down to look and found one of her chinchillas stuck in a
>vaccuflow system opening, with its poor little feet and face sticking out.
>Thank goodness the chinchilla was big enough not to get sucked in entirely.
>The poor little guy survived without a problem, except that he was left
>with a circular area on its back where the hair would stick straight up
>and out.  It took months for the hair to return to normal.

Probably had one heck of a hickie, too!  Never had a butt-hickie myself-
wonder if they're sore.......

Just kidding.  I'm VERY glad the poor little guy wasn't hurt- good thing he
didn't go in head-first.  We all know that's likely to be the way a ferret
would go in!  Scary thought.  Betty- are you talking about the outlets for
a central vac system?  We have these, though they currently don't work and
there aren't any outlets in the ferret room, plus with ours the on button
is on the vacuum hose that you attach.  I think some kinds do have the
button at the outlet, though, making it possible for an industrious ferret
(and aren't they all?  to "dig" the cover up and get the button pushed,
turning on the suction.  Yet another thing to worry about our little guys
getting into!

Jamie and the gang

p.s.- please send good thoughts our way.  Two of our girls go in for
surgery Tuesday- Miss Einstein for adrenal and 8-yr-old Miss Booboo for
an exploratory to check out a large mass up near her stomach.  Her heart
and lungs sound great for an old lady, but I'm still worried about her
being under anesthesia, and even more worried about what this mass might
be!  Keep your fingers crossed for us!