From:
Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:07:00 -0500
I have to Give Rocki med's twice a day.  He takes prednisone for
insulinoma, plus he has constant diarrhea if he does not take that pink
combination of amoxicillin, Flagyl and something else.  Plus I give him
pepto bismol, but I bought the chewable tablets that I can crush.  First
I have already split the pred in 4 pieces, and the pepto in 8ths.  I take
each little section and crush it (like you give a baby aspirin) then I ad
the 1/4 cc of the icky liquid antibiotic, (which if you try to give them
separately makes them foam at the mouth and spit it all over you) then I
add about 1/2 teaspoon or either Ferretvite or Nutrical, mix it all up
making sure the antibiotic is all in the mixture, and he laps it right up.
Rocki is also on Baby food, so sometimes I just mix the liquid in the baby
food, and then put it in the syringe and give it to him.  Best of luck, I
hope this helps.  And that I will be able to continue to sneak the meds in
my Rocki for the next few years.

Home Page updated  Aug. 1, 2000
Come see Rocki & Silveretta
www.geocities.com/huronna