From:
Lawrence Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:04:37 -0500
It is with a VERY sad heart that I write this post.  Andy has gone to the
Bridge.  His pancreas was cancerous and it had metastasized to his liver.
Doc said that Andy must have been a real trooper to still have been alive
as bad as it was.  Andy was living on love.  He was not recovered from
anesthesia.  He is survived by his very heartbroken mom, his daddy, his
ferret siblings: Freddie, PeeWee, Cindy II, Gidget and Harvey, and the
clueless cats.

Andy chose us as his family.  He was a foundling taken to the local animal
shelter 6 1/2 years ago.  A friend was a breeder and rescue at that time.
She was bringing us one of her kits.  On her way here she went by the
shelter and picked up the two ferrets that were there.  One of the
foundlings climbed onto our bed where my husband was sitting and helped
himself to his tea.  Then he explored a bit as only ferrets can do.  In a
short span of time, he decided that he had seen enough and it was good.
He settled himself on the bed, gave himself a good grooming and went to
sleep.  What could we say?  The kit and the other foundling went home with
my friend and "Andy" was here to stay.

Andy was deaf.  He was a short bulldog type in body with "roaning" hairs
from his tail to the middle of his back.  His face was mostly white with
a pink nose.  Andy was the sweetest ferret in the world.  He NEVER even
attempted a bite at any time!!!  He loved a good game of towel drag.  My
best friends son would come to play with the ferrets and Andy really loved
"Human Boy" as we all call JohnPaul.

Andy will be missed.  My heart is breaking.  BIG *sigh*!!! :0(

I have a bill of $112.00 left at the vet.  My husband isn't very happy
about it.  I would like to ask 112 people to send a dollar each to the vet.
I am embarrassed to ask but it will keep the peace in our home.  The vet
is Dr. Joe Packheiser of Southwoods Animal Hospital, 3005 Randleman Rd.,
Greensboro, NC 27313 Indicate that it's for "Andy Williamson's account, ID#
11290-4

Thanks for all the support.  The FML is a wonderful help and comfort.  A
big THANK YOU to Big for all your efforts!!

Larry and Tequita Williamson