From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:50:32 -0700
James asked if Veterinarians took any oath.  Don't hop up and down and
get mad just yet!

It was adopted by the AVMA in July 1969. Here it is:
"Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly
swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of
society through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal
suffering, the conservation of livestock resources, the promotion of
public health and the advancement of medical knowledge.

I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity and in
keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.

I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my
professional knowledge and competence."

[CU]