From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 15:54:09 -0400
HI friends its me your ol friend Jerimiah-

Well I guess we has been a little too funny gfor our own good- after all
seein' Ma has such a hard time with her back hurtin' and all lately!  BUT
as ferrets go we are up to our tricks - and now pooping for it!  I 'splain
all about it in a minute but i HAVE to tell you I GOT MAIL!  Yep Jerimiah
Ferret - I got mail.  Thanks to auntie Marge-- I get my own copy of Yankee
magazine each and every month!  What's a ferret want with this?  Well for
one thing since it comes- Ma gets to read to me.  Not that I like all the
stories myself but I get more of her attention that way.  There is lots of
stuff she thinks is nifty- recipes, New England stories, art etc.  But I
get ma to tell me all about it!  AND the even better part is-- the shelter
gets a donation for every body that signs up for a year of this nifty
magazine.  Just ask Mom for a subscription card and our vet - spay /
neuter fund gets a hefty little contibution mailed form the magazine
folks-- REALLY!  That is another GREAT thing about the Yankee folks...
they help ferrets and other shelter animals with the Community Partners
program- Mom says it pays for several surgeries to make us kids better
every year!

NOw back to the story- see the other night we all got tucked in and all
got a few raisin treats instead of cheerios.  One of the trio has been a
little stressy and Mom thought it would help-- so she forgot and put the
raisin box way up high on the very top of the strage bin.;  Now most of us
kids could not get it -- BUT Beau & Sierra have noght patrol and they gets
pretty bored-- so while working i tandem they managed to get the whole box
of raisins down to the floor.  Now they could only eat so many-- then they
got filled up so then they decided to have a raisin stashin' party.
AND they emptied the box and distributed them to every corner in the
shelter -- unbeknownst to Mom.  Well poor Mom with her back finds a pile
her an a pilke there in the AM and runs the noisy machine to clean them
up-- so she thought.

Then the next group comes out-- in the midst of them being out she has a
'mergency run to the vets with some other kid not form the shelter - so
they got to stay out all day-- well they ate too many raisins-- so many
raisins that by night time raisins were passing right through their
poopers.  Oh my poor Mom she was about ready to cry.  SO no more raisin
treats for at least a week she said! :(

Sigh-- why wasn't MY cage so lucky ?

For those of you looking for new books or other stuff on the internet we
just heard that iGive has extended its offer of a FREE $5 bonus for each
new shopper until June 30, 2002 !

You can help the wqork at Ferret Wise by joining in with internet shopping
at http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=1890
and I Jerimiah the ferrets will thank you for it!

Meanwhile _ I am plotting the next fiasco here-- hope Mom gets feeling
better fast I need a real challenge!

Jerimiah
www.ferretwise.org

see our e-bay auctions at :
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems
&userid=creativekolor&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25