From:
Cindy Michou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:59:55 -0800
I agree with Dandee about the private breeders vs pet stores and would
like to add that some private breeders also run shelters thereby not
only providing for their own returned ferrets but for others that they
didn't breed. Here in Alaska we don't have many breeders, in fact I
know of only one in the Anchorage area, so if you want a ferret you
have to go to one of two pet stores that carry them. Would I like to
see both stores stop carrying ferrets? You bet, even if it means that
I wouldn't be able to get a ferret easily. I think it would be nice if
we could put the large commercial breeders out of business. Realistic?
Don't think so, but it sure would be nice. But then we'd have to worry
about having more of the back yard private ferret mills, you know, the
ones that don't care. There's been reports of them before with the
shelters having to take in large rescues. The dog and cat world have
them too. It's kind of a double edged sword.

As for as using World's Best Kitty Litter. I use it for mine. Clumping
is ok as long as the litter doesn't contain the colored crystals that
are supposed to control odor and help clumping in some litters. Those
crystals can cause respiratory problems. Worlds Best is all natural.
My guys haven't had a problem with it sticking to them and they don't
eat it. Although Jing likes to dig in it when it's fresh. sigh...

Alex, thanks for the great story. I didn't even get to the part about
what happened to your shoe before I was laughing along with Pow and
Todd. Imagination is a great thing! Hee Hee! Nice to know my crocs
aren't the only ones that are weasel abused! lol

Hugs and Dooks,
Cindy and the gang at
Hiland Ferrets