From:
Joanne Gelormino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:53:20 -0400
year old ferret who developed bladder stones.  He strained to urinate in the
litter box and made little cries.  An x-ray confirmed bladder stones.  He
was fed S/D feline canned food mixed with chicken broth and heated to break
down the stones.  Then we put him on the dry version.  After than I fed him
Neura Special Diet which is the natural equivalent of Hill's C/D.  He is now
5 years old and still eating Neura S.D. mixed with Totally Ferret, which
also prevents reformation of stones and has never had a recurrance.  I don't
know how far you are from Lake Wales, FL, but there is an experienced vet at
Lake Wales Veterinary Hospital, 2748 Highway 27 North, Lake Wales, FL 33853,
(813) 676-1451, Dr. Thomas Schotman.  I found their fees reasonable when I
lived there.

Good luck.

Moxie