From:
Lisa Sims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 02:53:20 -0400
Hi,
I have posted about adding a new ferret to our family.  Loki is a male about
3 months old.  He is already as big as our 4 year old female, Megan.

No biting training has gone very well for Loki with his human family, though
we now are using bitter apple on Meagan's ears to discourage too rough play
after we found a small cut on her.  She appears to enjoy playing with him
and during out of cage play has ambushed him on many occasions.  He still
does'nt get that she is hiding in the box.

My worry is that she has lost some weight over the past couple of weeks.
Loki pushes her out of the way when the food dish is first filled, but at
the end of the day there is still food in the dish, so she has food
available.  We have tried taken him out of the cage to let her eat,but what
happens is she ignores the food dish and assumes the "I want out too"
position.

After reading the FML the past few weeks I've learned that there are many
reasons which could cause her to lose weight and I am hoping this is just a
reaction to having to share Mom with this new intruder.  She is up to date
with her shots and was just seen at the vets during Loki's second visit two
weeks ago.At that time the weight loss was'nt noticeable.

Any help or ideas even reassurance would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa- Watch out for the babies hiding under the rug!
Meagan- Ok I kinda like him, but whens he leaving?
Loki-Come on mom, just let me bite your toe once!
Harry the Dog- Not another one!
Molly the bird-Just keep him away from me, I don't like that gleam in
his eye.