From:
vivian barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:28:29 -0400
I have used frontline one both ferrets and now a puppy. Just last month
I encountered an issue with the puppy and was scared to give her her
dose on time! She had surgery on her left knee for a trick knee. Her
frontline was due just 5 days after surgery. I was scared to give it
to her due to the death of peter ( ferret) . Then I had used a flea
shampoo only (for those who remember) I was devastated about his death
so being another flea product I was scared after princess's surgery
to give it to her. It took my vet ( the same one I used for 3 of my 6
ferrets) over an hour to convince me it was safe for princess to get
at her regular time.

Dr. Walter said frontline doesn't go into the skin and uses a safer but
different kind of preventer. Goes into the hair itself. It wouldn't
seep into her open incision . Well the day came and scared to death
still I reluctantly decided to try it since all her monthly meds was
the same day making it easier for me to remember. Princess did fine
with it and having a surgical wound was just like as delicate as a
ferret is. So I will trust frontline and I'm grateful to Dr. Walters
for encouraging me to use it last month on time! And if I ever get
more ferrets I'll be using it on them also. It's only half a cat
dose per ferret so it goes even farther then on dogs or cats!

Vivian Barnes