From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:26:31 -0800
I asked Helen if I could cross-post her update to the FML. I know there
are many of you who really care about her and are wondering how she is
doing. Feel free to contact her and send some cyber hugs.

 From Helen:

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask you again to keep me in your prayers. I am not sure
yet just when all this will start but it will be either next week or
the week after.

Ashundee, called me from the Western, PA Hospital in Pittsburgh and
this is what she told me.

She is going to set up an appointment for me in Pittsburgh for either a
Monday or a Tuesday of next week or the week after if she can do it on
one of those days.

I will go in for a breathing test, heart test, and blood work.

After that they will send all the results to my insurance for approval.
If my insurance company approves it I will start on shots which I can
do at home. If they don't approve it which she thinks they will, I
guess I will live on pills the rest of my life.

I have to have the shots to build up my white cells for four days
either twice a day or once a day. I told her I could get my neighbor
to do them for me because she is a nurse. So Brenda get ready I will
be calling you :-). You know me I could never give myself a shot. I
thought you could show Sue and maybe she can do them. She gives them to
the ferrets all the time but don't know if she can give them to me. I
didn't think about my daughter in law Stacy she gives her son diabetic
shots sometimes she could even do them.

After the four days I go back to Pittsburgh get the capiatur <Spelling>
put in and collect my cells.

Then they will give me a little break. From there I will have one dose
of Chemo Praise God only one and no Radiation thank The Good Lord!!

I will have to be in Pittsburgh at the apartments for two weeks during
this time and I am to have someone stay with me for the whole time in
case I get too sick.

I told her I had no one that could stay with me because of papers. She
said maybe I could just come home and stay or they would admit me into
the hospital for the two weeks. I wish I could just come home and I may
try that. I did tell her that I would be by myself everyday from 10
until 4 or 5 depending on papers.

After all this is done they will put my cells back in me. I asked how
long before I start to feel better and she said a couple of months.

She also told me that my MRI results came back and that I have a lot
of Arthritis in my low back and they didn't think it was the Myloma
causing all that pain but they are waiting for the complete skeletal
results that I had done yesterday to be sure.

I pray it is just arthritis and not the Myloma but something has to be
done with my back. I can hardly get in and out of bed or off a chair.

Last Saturday I was putting the shock collars on the dogs to let them
out to go potty. Bob and Sue weren't home yet and they were barking
like crazy to get out. I couldn't get Angel up so I thought I can do
this.

Ha, Ha that is what I get for doing my own thinking. I got Rangers on
with no problem but Chelby all she does is jump around and I bent down
more than I normally do and tried to settle her down to put her collar
on her and when I did something grab me and shot a pain clean up my
spine it hurt so bad I wanted to cry.

I just pray that the Lord heal me and take away this pain.

Thank You All for being here for me this whole year. It seems that
everything has gone wrong this past year has and that, this year may
just be the turning point for me. Please pray and thank God for good
health for me.

I asked the doctor if everything goes well what kind of time are we
looking at and he said he isn't sure at first he told me 2-4 years now
he is saying could be 2-4 or years. I pray it is years.

I would love to see my Granddaughters and Grandsons grow up and I want
to be around for my ferrets and other pets.

Please take care everyone!

God Bless You
Hugs Love and Prayers
Helen [log in to unmask]