From:
"Jennifer M. Remy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 11:59:00 -0700
Drew,
We had much the same problem as you.  We finally went and bought a        n
inexpensive bathroom rug (with the rubber backing).  The fuzzbeans love the
softness and seem to have less "accidents" ....but the best part is that it
is machine washable.  Once a week it gets a trip through the washing machine
and comes out nice and clean....which is healthier for you and for the
fuzzies.  The top of our cage come off the base so we bought a rug slightly
larger than the base and use the weight of the cage to hold it in place,
that way the curious critters construction crew can't burrow under the edges
or move it around to wear it's not supposed to be.  It has been one of our
better discoveries, but just a few hints, try and get one with a very short
nap (not shaggy) and make sure it is machine washable.  You'll have to
replace it every few months, but that can be fun because of all of the
different designs available.  Our ferts currently have a very ornate
oriental looking rug that cost $9.00 at a local clearance outlet.  Just a
suggestion....Good luck.

*  "The weariest nights, the       ** Jennifer M. Remy              *
*  longest days, sooner or later   **  ([log in to unmask])   *
*  must perforce come to an end"   ** Don Remy ([log in to unmask])  *
*  ...even for fuzzy ferrets       ** Gus (whatever.....)           *
*  "The Scarlet Pimpernel" by      ** Chloe (play now, now, now)    *
*  Baroness Orczy                  ** Connor (pick me up please)    *