From:
mike jarboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:26:01 -0400
Hi to all on FML....

I am new to the list and also new to ferrets.  My 16-yr-old son brought one
home unannounced that he spent a whole week's burger-flipping wages on, and
i was so angry that i nearly threw them both out.

After avoiding Asher for a few weeks, I finally picked her up and got to
know her, and now she's the joy of my life.  She is very friendly, and
cuddles with me a great deal of the time I'm home.  What IS it about these
critters?

I am a journalist by profession, and am the stereotypical hard-bitten editor
at a large daily paper.  My colleagues were astounded when i started telling
Asher stories, and asked me to bring her in because they didn't believe I
could be so soft on anything.

I picked Christmas Day to bring her, and she spent most of the night
sleeping in my lap while I pushed deadlines.

We had a little holiday libation in the office...eggnog.  While I was in the
restroom, someone gave Asher a small lick of it (which I of course would not
have allowed.) But justice was done...the miscreant placed Asher on his
shoulder about 20 minutes later, and she responded by depositing an enormous
amount of stool that cascaded down the back of the only shirt he had with
him.

Nice to meet you all....mike jarboe