Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:37:06 -0700
I posted this info at the begining of the week, but it seems my post just
a few days ago generated some more interest, so I'm posting it again.  If
you are in the Chicago area or plan to be, please come to the meeting.  I
hope we can fill the gallery!

The next city council meeting is at 10:00am Tuesday, July 29th.  They
will be voting on a proposal to ban *Exotic* pets, ferrets are on the
list of what *they* consider *wild and dangerous* animals.  (Lifted
directly from the NYC ordinance.)

The Chicago City Council meets in the Council Chambers, on the 2nd Floor
of City Hall.  Chicago City Hall is at 121 N. LaSalle Street.

GENERAL POLICIES FOR ADMISSION TO CITY COUNCIL

        NON-DISCRIMINATION

The Council does not discriminate in admission to public seating on the
basis of any person's political viewpoint.

POLICIES APPLICABLE TO NON-RESERVED SEATING

         FIRST COME FIRST SERVED

The public is admitted to the City Council Chamber's non-reserved seating
on a first come, first served basis.  The line for admission to the City
Council chamber's non-reserved seating shall not be formed prior to one
hour before the scheduled commencement of the City Council meeting.

They also have reserved seating, but I thought those policies would
take up too much room and I'm not sure they apply, unless someone is
planning on reserving seats for the ferret community.
http://www.chicityclerk.com/citycouncil/rulesforadmission.html