From:
"Zaske, Cherri" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:21:03 -0500
My ferret Bugsy has never done this before until Tuesday night and I wanted
to know if anyone else has experienced this and is it something to worry
about.

Recently, I had to take Bugsy to the vet because he wasn't eating or pooping
so in fear of him having something stuck I rushed him to the vet.  Come to
find out it was just to much stomach acid (like an ulcer) So they gave me
some medication and it cleared it up just fine.  That was about 4 weeks ago.

I had an emergency this last weekend so I had to fly to Wisconsin leaving my
fuzzies with my boyfriend for 2 days.  When I came home he said that Bugsy
was acting ok but he did something peculiar.  He peed then turned around and
licked it up.  I said well he's never done that before so maybe it was a
freak thing.  Well he did it again Wed.  and it kind of freaked me out.
Thursday morning I watched him very carefully and the only thing that I
noticed is that he looked like he wasn't feeling well.  So I tried to give
him some laxatone (which is a chore now because he won't take anything but
ferretone after I had to force feed him his medicine (he's the pickiest
ferret I've ever seen)) The only other thing I see is that he's molting his
winter fir.  I tried to put some vitamins in his water but he's so sensitive
to not normal things he wouldn't drink it.

Please let me know if you have experienced this and if it is anything to
worry about.  He's eating fine and when he gets out of the cage he'll drink
out of the dogs water dish.

Please email me because I don't get a chance to check the FML very often.

Thank you,
Cherri ([log in to unmask])
Bugsy (Yummies?? Forget it I ain't gonna get fooled! Get away! Get away!
I don't want it I tell you!)
Skippy(Yummies?? Give it to me I'll eat it!)