From:
Cheryl Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:30:44 -0700
I needed some feedback on my ferret's (5 yr albino) possiblites.  On 2/23
she had an adrenal gland removed.  She was treated based on hair loss along
her back quarters (her tail has always been sparse due to blackheads).
Since then she has never seen to fully rally.  On 6/21 and 6/26 she had
needle apirates on her lymph nodes (neck and tummy) because her neck was
swollen and her tummy enlarged (almost dragging on the ground).  The
results for the aspirate are inconclusive.  They show elevated amounts of
activity but no malignacy.  My vet says I have two options : explorative
surgery for further info.  + to make definite diagnosis or to start
treating her for lymphoa.  I am inclined to go with the meds.  since she
has had 2 surgeries(blockage + adrenal) with us (and her neutering) and
this time she hasn't bounced back well.

I wanted feedback on how long I could hope for her to live whether she
might be in pain for too much of that time and any other helpful info.
Thanks, Cheryl and Sneeuw.  Please reply to my e-mail since I am not
currently on the fml.