From:
terri stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:44:22 -0700
Hi,

I would be curious to hear personal stories of people with fuzzies who
had ADV.

I am testing my baby this week, and, even though my vet says "no way", I
am begining to wonder.  My vet says my royal fuzzieness is not showing
the clinical symptoms for ADV.  However; the more I read, the more it
seems he is showing tell tale signs.  The clinical signs that he is NOT
showing, black tarry poo, and death within 3 months or less.

All of the symptoms he has suffered from has every vet with a new opinion
and not one of them even closely agrees.  grrrrr frustrating for sure!

Chronic wasting would be the best way to describe his overall symptoms.
Slight anemia, enlarged organs [which one vet described as a global
immune response], seizures and high protein levels in his blood.

Well apparently, these symptoms only "sort of fit" a large number of
ailments.

I hope, more for the sake of my local ferret community that his test is
negative.  But, with what I have read so far, I am not so sure that it
will come back negative.

My baby is only a little over a year old, and he is the first ferret I
have "fallen in love" with.  It is just killing me, but he is such a
valiant guy, he tries so hard....

Terri and Berlioz

Sincerely,
Terri