From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 15:55:09 -0400
>Jay is a 5 year old ferret with confirmed diagnosis of adrenal.  She is
>scheduled for surgery next Wednesday.  Is it okay to bathe her?  She has
>a very strong smell.  What recommendations for shampoo to use if I do
>bathe her?

It is fine to bathe her.  Use normal precautions as for bathing any ferret
(keep her warm, avoid getting anything in her eyes, ears, nose, mouth,
etc).  I would use a moisturizing shampoo, as her skin is probably pretty
dry.  Remember that her skin odor is increased dur to the adrenal disease,
and will decrease to some degree following the surgery, once her skin has a
chance to become more normal.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.