From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:39:17 -0700
I am not even sure where to start so I will just start with what I know
right now.  We received a call from Dawn at Hooked on Fuzzies Shelter in
Tucson, AZ.  She needs to find homes immediately for all of the ferrets
at her shelter.

There are a total of 34 kids needing homes ASAP.  Some are hospice,
young, old, and some are singles or bonded groups... She is making
a list out of all of the kids with their names, temperaments, ages,
bonded, and anything else we can think of.

We, here at Ferret Corner Shelter, will be taking the ferrets in until
homes or other shelter placements can be found for them.  Now, this is
a lot of ferrets for us to take into our shelter seeing as how the most
we had at one time was 26 and 8 of them were are personals!

Today I am spending the day cleaning cages, and cleaning out what I can
in the spare room to make room for all of these kids.  They will be in
that room as well as in the living room with our other kids.

I am not sure of all that we will need as of yet.  I know that we will
need money for the vet, food and pellets.  If you would like to help
there are several things we need that I do know:

Homes for ferrets
Volunteers
Vet Money
Ferret food
PDG
Ferretone
Ferretvite
Gift Certificates for Ferret Store or Jeffers
Even posting on other groups about needing homes for these kids would be
a big help.

Vet:
Apache Animal Clinic
2145 S. Hwy 92
Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
(Account: Ferret Corner Shelter)

Shelter:
Joanne Ruffner
289 Patton Street
Huachuca City, AZ  85616
(520) 456-0110
Paypal: [log in to unmask]

Tomorrow I will be picking the kids up and with Kris H. help we will be
transporting up here.

These kids have not been abused or anything.  Just so that everyone
knows.  Just a bad situation that got worse and now the kids need new
homes.

As I said, we can take them in here but we cannot keep them here for a
long time.  We are just not set up for a large scale shelter and do not
the time or funds available to continue to care for all of the kids.
some requiring soup because they are hospice kids.

This breaks my heart to ask for help because .  well there are so many
other shelters out there that have kids that need help too.  I will be
putting stuff on eBay and next weekend will take whatever I can sell to
the swapmeet.

I will try to get back on tomorrow after we get things settled in here
to let you all know how the kids are doing.  If not, I will be back on
on Monday.

If you are interested in adopting one of the ferrets please either email
me or give me a call.  If you are a shelter and can help with taking some
in please email me or call also.  All homes and shelters will have to be
approved by us to make sure ferrets are placed in a safe environment.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz