From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:32:23 -0500
Just a note to let all know the show at the Showplace in Henrico County
Virginia was a real fun event.  All kinds of ferret owners came to show
and play with their fuzz bugs as well as Marlene and Lisa who pretty much
put the show on.  Marlene has Richmond Ferret Rescue League and Lisa has
Ferrets by the Sea.  Carol from Virginia beach and one of her 90+ shelter
kids was there, we were all glad to see these shelters all so well
represented.

Lots of ferret activities were had and all kinds of ribbons were passed
out.  Have to laugh, Bud got 10th place for the longest whiskers contest.
He stuck his head into the fireplace insert after it was going full speed.
Cooked all his whiskers off!  Ha!  He is fine, always was, just one of
those lessinks one learns but he got a ribbon for it!!  Ha!  That beats his
getting stuck in a hand hold slot in a box for a computer monitor where I
had to hack saw his legs off to get him out..  oh..  not really.  But had
to work to get him out of that one.  He it a trip.  I am the 5th home for
him where he has been sent out by shelters not less than 3 times and came
back He is here to stay and I love the hell out of him, and the others.

Well, glad to see so much ferret support in Richmond!  And am more happy
to see the shelter operators all talking in spite of the nastiness of the
ferret in the ball events.  Oh, Sue (the shelter operator that sold the
ferret to the abuser but not knowing this fact) has filed in court to get
that ferret from Marlene back or money.  I feel this is about the most
ignorant move that could be made where the ferret is in good hands, is
safe, and the issue is over.  Sue did far more than any store to qualify
the prospective owner for the ownership, just it turned out bad.  Even
the CIA gets bad ones in their ranks, and think if the investigations they
do on THEIR people!  Ha!  Sue, let it go!  Stop this court garbage and be
glad the ferret abuse from the person YOU sold it to is over.  Mistakes
are made, will be made again, and noting intentionally bad on your part is
implied or stated by anyone.  Marlene is doing a great job, and until this,
so were you.  Lets start acting like intelligent adults, be friends and
support our ferret habits!  If you insist on going to court, I will stand
against you along with others.  Amen!

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud (the winner!)