From:
Sterling Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 14:42:16 +-1200
Speaking only from my personal experience I wanted to address the issue of
combining ferrets and other exotic pets in your home.  I have had some good
mixes and some bad.  I have a sugar glider.  He is not fond of my ferrets,
he crabs at them if they come too close so they live downstairs and he lives
upstairs.  I have birds.  They ignore the ferrets and the ferrets ignore
them.  They live in the same room with no hu bub.  I have two rats.  The
ferrets occasionally stand on the rat cage and the rats try to bites their
little feets.  Its a big game at our house and the rats are definitely not
afraid of the ferrets.  In fact one day when I was doing rat duty.  I.E.
changing the cage I actually had a rat jump on a very surprised ferret who
made a hasty retreat.  Go Figure..... so much for the great hunter.  I also
heard that prarie dogs dont usually get very friendly with their owners but
that is only what I heard.  My sugar glider or my sugarbutt as I like to
call him is a wonderful pet.  He is very affectionate but let me warn you
they do require alot of attention.

Sterling