From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:13:12 CST6CDT
Well yesterday started week 5.  Everyone is still with us, all 61.
Currently I have 1 critical and 5 passed the critical stage but not quite
to recovery.  Two just coming into it.  I worked up expenses yesterday and
we've hit $700 and that is without vet care.  Just thought everyone might
want to start a kitty just in case.  This was one aspect of ECE I wasn't
aware of.  But they are well worth every penny of it.

Seems there are 4 critical days where they have to be force-fed then I can
syringe feed more easily till they start eating on their own, then they
still get the supplemental feedings for about a week, all the while being
watched with an eagle eye.

Almost everyone is skinny.  It breaks my heart to look at them and I keep
picking them up and try to syringe feed more.  I know they are frustrated
with me but I want them fattened up NOW.  Thank goodness they were all a
little chunky to begin with.

We've been triple whammied.  They got ECE, then the "real" flu then I got
the "real" flu.  I lost my volunteer for 3 weeks and wouldn't let any ferret
owners help, didn't want to pass it along.

But I can see the light through the trees now.  Please say a little prayer
for us that the healing process is quick.

My condolences to all that have lost their beloved ferrets.

For those waiting for whatever from me, I will get to it but right now the
babies come first.

Hugs to all.  tle (aka Sprite)