Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:08:07 -0800
Hello All

First I would like to thank those that took the time to write and give
me some ideas and what could be happening with my old lady ferret. Hind
end weakness but not insulinomic and a really red bottom but not really
prolapsed, that I posted about on Friday. ( I had sent it in for
Thursday but it got delayed along the way). I had started massage
therapy on her on Tuesday. Late Wednesday night her spine cracked
really loud. I kinda thought she was a little better but I thought
it was just wishful thinking.

Anyway, I took her in to a practicing vet (more knowledgeable?) on
Friday. She was put on Amoxi, Pred, Pepcid and Carafate. The vet was
much more concerned with the ultrasound results than the vet was at UC
davis. The angry lymph node wasn't just passed over. At the vets she
could already stand a little better and walk some. BUT, within 24 hours
of receiving medication she had improved quit a bit. Within 48 hours
she was really upright and walking about 10 feet at a time without
falling over. She is back in her tubes and looking for her chew weasels
again! Not exactly spry but SO much better. Her butt is not red
anymore. She still strains a bit. So I am watching that part. Most
of the meds are 14 days. The pred is 6 weeks. She is sleeping where
she wants. In a hammock, on the floor- with others or alone. All
comfortable fert with a foot over her head, curled in a circle, belly
in the air! Smile on her face ( and on mine too!)

I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for the input once again,
Mary Jo and Dee Dee