From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 22:13:33 -0500
I started writing and it started getting WAY too long. I do not want
to bore or take up time of those disinterested in the topic. But one of
FACT's missions is to help other shelters and it's high time we pass on
some of our learnings to the ferret community - taking or leaving what
you want.

For those who are interested - I will commit to doing a brain dump on
shelter operations and financing drawing on our 16 years of operation
as a ferret shelter.

I like to think many would view FACT as a relatively successful and
professionally run shelter. (NO == NOT THE perfect shelter!! But if age
matters, we've made it to our teens and there's something to be said
for that...). It will take me a few days to articulate coherently but
will let all know when I've posted the information to our website.

In the interim, please keep the ideas for helping shelters flowing!
I firmly believe that the success of shelters totally depends on the
community we serve. In this case, we are all a virtual community united
by our love of slinky, short legged, furballs with not a care in the
world - maybe that's why those of us who obsess over them love them so
much - we need the balance they give us! ;)

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut, Inc.
http://www.ferret-fact.org