Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:09:56 -0700
Yuri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I am not really into ferrets and she takes care of them.  I didn't want
>to hurt her feelings by saying that I don't think that the people at the
>shelter would take her seriously.  >Do you think that they would take her
>seriously?

We would certainly take her seriously and would spend lots of time talking
to her, but we would not adopt to her.

(1) We have a legally binding adoption contract which must be signed by an
adult.

(2) Animals must be the responsibility of the adult.  (Children cannot be
expected to determine when an animal is ill and know when a vet visit is
in order.)

(3) We do NOT adopt to an adult who comes in and says they want a ferret
for their kid.  Our policy is that the animal should be a part of the
family and if someone in the family is not "into" ferrets, it's not a
good environment for the animal.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125