From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:23:57 EDT
Dear Bob,

I have enjoyed your food information immensely and learned a lot.  I
suspect what started it is when I said on FML that I wanted to add meat
to my Rocky's diet and wanted to know what kind of meat.  He doesn't seem
to like meat--do you have any suggestions?  I have tried canned cat food
and meat cooked for me.  He eats a little.  he loves raw egg yolks.  I
dont think I can do the mouse thing.  BTW, he's not so crazy about the
kibble either, no matter which brand I buy.

Also, I was very glad to hear that it is not necessary or good for
ferrets to eat all the time, as Rocky only eats about twice a day.  He's
on the slim side but very muscular and strong.  I have heard the same
thing about cats--that it's bad to leave food out all day and night and
though I have told this to many cat owners, they refused to listen and
ended up with obese cats.  I fed my cat canned food once a day and dry
food once a day, only as much as she ate in a half hour.  She was always
very thin and lived to be 19.

If possible, please suggest a recipe that a finicky ferret might like.

thanks,
Shron