From:
Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 17:30:50 +0600
>"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
>Letter Writing Success

>The deputy zoo director himself wrote back to say, "Thank you for taking
>the time to write your comments about our ferrets...Your point about our
>sign not indicating that these animals are domestic is an excellent one.
>We will change the sign as soon as possible, hopefully by next week."

I got a phone call earlier today from probably the same guy (he said he was
the deputy zoo director) that echoed your post.  He was very polite and
apologized for the inaccuracies.  He said the sign was rather old and no one
noticed it was wrong before (though he had lately received several letters
and calls about it >whistle<).

>Considering that I'm a resident of Pittburgh, PA, I was thrilled
>that I was able to make a difference in places hundreds, even
>thousands, of miles away with the simple act of writing a letter.

>nod< I was thrilled with the response I got from the zoo.  I've also
gotten polite feedback from several pet stores I've called and/or written.
Unfortunately, there are always a few bad ones and they frequently
overshadow the rest.  It's nice to hear about the places that actually act
to remedy problems, though.

   / Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]> /
 /    http://shoga.wwa.com/~crenaud/    /