From:
"TinyPrints Left......On My Heart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:04:23 -0400
From what my vet says, as for we have dealt with it here due to our dogs
(females who have puppies will go outside and clean up any poop including
rabbit poop.  The rabbits also are big carriers of coccidia).  as long as
any animal has injested the affected poop, does not mean eating a ton of
it, just a lick will do, they can get it from any animal.  It does not
always show up on fecal tests either depending on what stage the parasite
is in, so if you suspect it, take samples in a week apart.  It is a nasty
parasite which needs Albon to get rid of.  Ferrets and other smaller
animals especially can become dehydrated very fast.

Marguerite
TinyPrints Shih Tzu and Rescue
http://www.tinyprints-shihtzu.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsferrets.com
TinyPrints Ferretry
http://www.tinyprintsferretry.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064