From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:19:09 EDT
Thank you for the ideas some of you have sent over.  I am getting
desperate.  it is just hard for ten years I have run Ferrets Etc. pretty
much all by myself.  I take care of the crew and handle all the money
issues.  Up till now I never really asked for donation I worked part time
cleaning houses to have extra money to care for the ferrets aside from
adoption fees, but last year I was in a car accident and have had four
shoulder surgieries since and not been able to work outside the house.
So funds have been so tight and ferrets just keep coming in and not
getting adopted.

My husband really wants me to stop rescue but I keep thinking if I can
make it until the first of the year when I get a settlement for my car
accident we will be ok, but today I got a letter and I have to raise
3,000.00 dollars by Sept. 19th or we lose our home.  What the heck am I
gonna do with 34 ferrets if we get kicked out?  Not to mention 2 dogs, 7
birds and 6 cats.  And two kids.  It is just driving me crazy, no one
will want 34 ferrets and I will not let them be put down just cause they
are old.  Rescue is my life and has always been and I do not want to stop
it, just because we hit a rough patch.  A miracle would be nice right
about now if GOD is listening to the ferret mailing list. :-)

Anyway I just needed to vent and get the word out if anyone knows anyone
wealthy :-) who wants to save a home and the ferrets in it pass them my
way (ha ha ) !

Stephanie Sheme President/ founder Ferrets Etc.