From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:47:24 -0400
This has been a very tuff season for sure on everyone including the
animals. Here in Virginia we have broken more than 20 records for heat
and other weather related issues including drought and all. I help the
animals to keep cool by frequent showers in cool water. Thankfully the
ferrets don't mind water like a cat. Phew!

I heard from Joe Bear on the FML calendar and he said he will make some
announcement soon on this. His calendars are always great and they for
sure serve a great purpose where proceeds benefit shelters. I have
submitted a pic of Peekaboo and Pester-Doodle, hopefully they will make
some appearance therein. But overall, the very best calendar was the
one that had Byte-me in it. For sure that was the very best ferret
picture I have yet seen and for sure was the very best photo I ever
took of a ferret or animal of any kind. I got extremely lucky to
capture that split second where she was momentary still and posed in
the most perfect posture one could ask for. I knew her time was close
so took her out back in the back woods to get some 'natural' shots of
her and this one shot was made. That photo hangs in front of me now
and is on the wall in the family room blown up. I get lots of great
comments on that one photo so I got very lucky to have that perfect
image saved of the finest animal buddy I ever had. Many of the old
timers on the FML can remember the many posts of Byte-me and her
antics.

There were many other ferrets that came thru this house. I take in
shelter kids and give them a forever home. Usually they are older when
they come here so they are not around but a few years. At least they
have a loving home, good food, great care and lots of love. Some come
here and they have been traumatized, that becomes abundantly evident
shortly after arriving and it takes time but I am very patient and they
all become great normal animals once they learn there is nothing to
fear here. It simply stinks to find one that has passed, lying there
calm but stiff. Is part of life, part of having a tube dog ankle biting
fuzz butt rug lumping dook hopping face licker in your home. Over the
term I have learned sooo much from them and about them. For sure was
one of the better things I ever did in my life to get involved in
having a ferret in the house.

I read on the FML of those who have passed on and it takes a chunk out
of me every time. Is a shame they don't live longer, but they don't.
Just part of having one with you that in time you will have this ugly
part of being owned by one made abundantly evident. We can only make
the very best of it for that time and the ferret certainly does THAT!!!

So Peek A. Boo and Pest R. Doodle are here doing first rate. They make
me happy and from all the kisses I get from them I know I make them
happy too. Good. Great deal for us both.

--
Remember, we live in a deadly dangerous beautiful world!

This garden of Eden is full of land mines! (many created and maintained
by mankind)