From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:27:40 -0500
Clifford I. Johnson, D.V.M., M.P.H., State Public Health Veterinarian,
State of Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 201 West Preston
Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, (410) 767-6712; excerpts:

"Thank you for your letter ... happy to provide the information you
requested for yourself and the Morris Animal Foundation...

In Maryland, policy for the inclusion of ferrets in the management of bite
incidents and rabies exposure, in exactly the same fashion as dogs and cats,
was enacted into Maryland State Law, effective October 1, 1996 ... "

In January after it's released I will be receiving a directory of vets in
the U.S.  -- expensive, but worth it -- which will allow me to look up the
names and addresses for the relevant individuals in the states which haven't
gotten in touch by then.

Sukie