Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 1994 09:38:58 -0500
Rick and Fi-Fi,

Welcome to the FML.  We, Joan and I and right now 31 ferrets, live in New
Hampshire, USA.  Ferrets were legalized in this state a couple of years ago,
even though prior to that there were about 13,000 "long-cats" living here.
 We estimate the population is now up to about 20,000 to 30,000.

The count of 31 is due, in part, to our shelter - 4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter,
now going into its second year.

Could you tell me what, if any laws, regulations, etc. do you have down there
regarding ferrets?  Any estimate of the ferret population?  Finally, are the
Officials in Australia as mis-informed as to ferret personalities and rabies
risk as they are in the USA (most Health officials consider them "vicious,
rabid, baby killers here)?

Dick B.