From:
"Bridget Ferdinand" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 1994 12:55:44 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Everyone with fuzzies!!!
        It's been a while since I've been on- I was cut
when my mailbox got overloaded during the summer break! But I have
returned - and with a urgent problem at that!
        I work in a pet store ( I'm not sure if I should tell you where)
that is in Massachusetts. A few weeks ago a man, John Doe, came in and we
fell to chatting about ferrets. He told me the most horrendous story and I
wondered if anyone might be able to offer some advice!
        Apparently, John was driving in his car with his ferret on his shoulder
 and was pulled over by a police officer for failing to use a turn signal
at an intersection. As he was being pulled over, John Doe handed his
ferret to his friend to hide in a jacket. When the police officer requested a
licence and registration from John, he saw the ferret and proceeded to
confiscate it. Apparently the officer was using extreme care and a
squirrel cage- handling the ferret as if it was some wild rabid animal.
To try and make it brief, the ferret was destroyed and John was
forced to go to court and pay $100 in fines for having one.
        I was horrified! Can the police actually do this?!?!? I mean confiscate
ferrets on the spot!?!?! I thought only the game and wildlife officers could
confiscate your ferrret! Is there anything that John could have done - or
still can do? Please help! This is very upsetting for all of us hiding illegal
furries :<

                Thanks, Bridget
                        Brittany and Deanna - the fuzzies on the quest to
                                              go higher :)