From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:15:32 -0400
Hi Bonnie,

Have you tried giving him linatone or ferretone from a dropper? I
thought of it because that's how I happen to give linatone to my own
ferrets, and as a result they have always been very interested in any
medicine droppers that happen to be around. Of course, sometimes they
lose interest quickly if the dropper contains something like flagyl ;-)
but at least they are used to the concept of good things coming from
droppers.

(A general wave hello to the FML--I've been on the FML for many years,
unsubbed for a while this year after losing my last ferret, Seti, to
fast acting lymphoma. He was not quite six and it was too painful to
read the FML for a while. Pretty quickly though I realized I had to
have ferrets back in my life and adopted a lovely pair from South
Shore Ferret Care, a petite white and gray girl named Sisiutl and a
pale chocolate fellow named Ianto.

Some of you may remember reading about Sisiutl on the FML under the
name Sissy--she was one of the ferrets who came in to South Shore
Ferret Care with poor Mr. Ferret this spring. Now she is happy, feisty
and loving, and you'd never know she had such a rough start. Ianto is
a big laid back boy, a perfect foil to Sissy's high energy. They're a
well matched pair, equally happy wrestling or cuddling. Ianto has the
early stages of insulinoma, but hopefully having caught it early we'll
be able to give him a lot of good time yet. We'll certainly be giving
him all the love he can handle :-)

Regina
and Sisiutl and Ianto