From:
"M. Tomaszewicz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 09:43:10 -0400
Hi all-

The story about the electronic toy and the ferret going on it reminded me
of a funny thing that happened to me last week.  We left our six out to
play in the rec room where the computer is set up.  After putting them to
bed, I tried to sign onto the computer, and noticed that the mouse wouldn't
move the cursor around.  Then I noticed that the mouse pad was soaking wet
and the mug that I had left by the computer filled with water was lying
empty on its side.  The next day, the mouse was still dead even after
drying out.

I went to the nearest computer store with my dead mouse and had the
following conversation in the mouse accessories aisle with two salesmen:

Me: (holding the mouse up by it's tail) "It's dead."

1st salesman: (with a smirk) "Mousetrap?"

Me: "No, one of my ferrets got it."

2nd salesman: "Oh wow, ferrets--they're such neat pets!  I want to get a
ferret."

Me: "Yeah, they're really neat pets, but they're also good at tipping over
glasses of water onto computer tables--which is why my mouse is dead."

I'll bet that's the first time that they've heard of a computer mouse being
killed by a ferret!

Ta ta,

Melody and the slinky six