Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:46:01 -0400
Good day to everyone and I hope the weather is as nice where your are as
it is here in Northern Fl.

It has been sometime since my last post and finally getting caught up on
the FML readings.

After working as Camp Hosts in Spokane, Wa. on the base, which kept us
very busy meeting lots of new folks and even a few ferrets came to visit.
We educated lots of people there and ended the summer with the lose of
Dipper.  We buried him under a big blue spruce where he won't be disturbed.

Don't know just what happened.  Snowball missed him the most and had a time
with not eating and depression for about two weeks.  He is fine now.

We got back to New England and spent a month there and ended up helping
little tiny old Blossom and Taz to Rainbow Bridge.  It is always sad to
lose these little things but when it comes to suffering it somehow makes
it easier on me.  I won't have them suffering.  Blossom wouldn't get up
at all and pottied anywhere she was without even going down in the bottom
of her small cage.  She was just withering away to nothing.  Blossom was
nearly eight I think.

Taz had been sick for sometime.  I had written in months ago about him
throwing up all the time and not keeping his food down.  He was getting
worse and again I wouldn't let him suffer.  More than once when he was
sick and I would hold him to comfort him, get puke all over me and listen
to his cries.  He just wasn't going to better and surgery wouldn't help.

So now we have gone from 10 to 7 in just a short time.  Taz would chase
Snowball and pick on him all the time and now that he gone Snowball seems
more lovable and so turn him, Freddie, Nala, Flower and Sweetie all out
together.  They have a great time together.

Missitoo and Burglar still have their time out as Missitoo just hates
ferrets!!!  Guess she needs to look into the mirror and see what she is
huh?

The dog we added this summer, toy pomperian, is up to 2lbs now but to ruff
so doesn't get to play with the ferrets.

With talk of the coke cans, Missitoo loves them so we took an ice pick and
put a tiny hole to let out the coke.  That way she can't cut herself on the
sharp area and tab is still in place.

We are visiting here in Lake City right now and will be heading to Seffner,
just north of Tampa next week.

On the way down the road we meet some people in a rest area from
Brooksville, Fl.  They were telling us about a place there where people
have turned loose ferrets and they have burred in the ground and made
nests.  He mentioned whole ferrets and babies you could stick your hand
in and get them out.  Anyone know about this?

Guess this has gone on long enough.

Love and Fuzzie Kisses
Penny, Flower
Snowball, Freddie