From:
Hetrick_R <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 11:23:00 EST
I've been out of town for several days but I must pass this along.
On Halloween night we got more trick-or-treaters than normal and the candy
started getting thin.  I had to think fast.  That is when I came up with a
brilliant plan.  I would hold Larson(3 yr. old silver-mitt with tremendous
patience) every time a kid would come to my door.  While the youngsters were
so enthralled with Larson I would fake giving them candy (don't worry, my
development is huge and these kids were loaded with goodies).  They were so
oblivious I could have probably taken candy out of their bags and replaced
it with dog chow and they wouldn't have known.

Of course, I let all who wanted to pet him do so, with me always holding
him, and they squealed and laughed and asked questions.  Folks, this is how
we can promote ferrets as positive pets, by letting others see them as
docile creatures you can cradle as a baby....sometimes ; ).

It puts a new spin on "trick" or treat.      - Ron.