From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 05:27:01 -0500
After doing the "Ferret Shuffle" around my house for the better part of
twenty years, I feel somewhat qualified to opine on the sofa issue.  To
wit:

Fabric?  What fabric?  I've even considered nailing the sofa to the
ceiling upside down, but as we all know, fuzzbutts can levitate, so I
gave that idea up long ago.  (And for the newer folks on the FML, yes,
they DO levitate.  No one has ever witnessed this phenomenon, but we all
know it happens, considering some of the places our beloved carpet sharks
are found on occasion)!

Seriously, I can address a solution for the underside of the sofa.
Screen wire (as in screen doors and window screens) works very well, is
inexpensive, and is easy to cut to size and staple in place.  New visitors
to my humble abode are shocked to see that my sectional sofa appears to
have been processed by the Shredder from Hell, but I take pride in telling
them that the underside is in pristine shape.

For anyone who considers my idea, please be aware that a downside does
exist.  Forget taking a nap on the sofa.  Fuzzbutts LOVE to get under the
thing, lay on their backs, and scratch the screen.  It's tantamount to
trying to sleep with a chain saw running nearby!

Dooks to all,

C.B. and Loki

(Dedicated to Maximilian, who is happily ripping every sofa at Rainbow
Bridge to shreds.  Sandee, please order a hundred more and send me the
bill)!