From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 06:25:27 -0500
First the good news: An amazing $447 was donated to the SOS Fund by
ferret lovers eager to know BIG's big secret.  I don't think they were
disappointed, and I know the shelters that benefit from their generousity
will be very grateful.

Now the excuses: We apologize for taking so long to get the results and
winners posted.  We had, er, a bit of trouble getting the prizes ready.
Khouri isn't doing too well with his crocheting correspondence course, so
Georgia wasn't sure how many afghans he could complete.  He kept knitting
his long fur (he's an angora) in with the yarn!  Ela's ferrets thought the
soaps were for them, so kept hiding them to avoid bathtime.  And Judith had
a time keeping her lazy fellows out of the sleep sack so she could draw the
winning names from it.

But everything is finally getting figured out, and the winners of the $25
gift certificate, soaps and afghans will be posted later today.

A "big" thank you to all who donated, to Judith, Ela and Georgia for all
their hard work for SOS, and to BIG for allowing us to sell his valuable
info!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH

[Moderator's note: And I still have one more prize to give out.  I'll ask
an FMLer to choose a random number corresponding to the position of the
remaining names in a list and that will be the winner.  Will announce the
results next week.  BIG]