From:
pam mcinnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:48:49 -0800
Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the ferret list and have already learned so much from lurking in
the corner.

I just had to jump in on the "Stupid Human Tricks" thread.  I've had all
kinds of reactions to my gang of four, but one of the most obnoxious remarks
I've ever gotten came when my own fuzzies were nowhere in sight.

A year ago, my department relocated to a new building.  I was thrilled about
the move, because for the first time I'd have my own office.  I worked in a
very conservative department, so the only "decoration" I put up was a ferret
calendar.

Upon returning from a meeting one day, I heard loud squeals emanating from
my office.  I entered to find a co-worker who'd come in to put some
paperwork on my desk staring mesmerized at my calendar.  "Ewww Ewww Ewww
Ewww Ewww!!" she squealed to herself, "She's gots RATS on her walls!"

I've since moved to a new job at a state university -- and this time there's
no holds barred.  Every corner of my office has a picture of a ferret.  The
great thing is that many visitors ask questions about them, and it gives me
a chance to tell people just what a wonderful adventure life with ferrets
can be!

Pam McInnis