From:
phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:20:50 -0500
Why do you do it , Amy
Why do you try,
These are the questions asked,
When I lose an animal and I cry.

I try to save them all,
I really wish I could,
I would give them my blood,
If they needed it I would.

Your pets are always there,
When you need to watch them and laugh,
Or just to cuddle and give kisses,
When you need to cry.

Amy, its only a animal people say,
Like the matter is so small,
But God gave us all a purpose,
No matter how big or small.

I know the world is not perfect,
But it was really meant to be,
We could make it that way again,
But its all up to you and me.

I just wanted to post this little poem I wrote, because I have seen so
many horrific animal stories recently , and I am so crushed by it.  I
believe God gave us animals as a gift ,and we should treat them as just
that.  If your child had a sickness, you would do everything you could to
treat them and cure them.  Pets are just as helpless and dependent on you
as children are..  So many times I have talked to people who say, "Oh, I
am just going to put them to sleep.  I don't have time to fool with them."
Well to that I say, 'When you get to a point in your life when you really
need someone,when you are at rock bottom, that will come back to haunt
you." Everything you do in life will come back to you ten time over.  I
read message about the woman with the ferrets and the dog and I just could
not believe it!  There is no excuse for that.  If everyone thought like
that, I can't even imagine the shape the world would be in.

Anyway, I wanted to say that so many of the people on this mailing list
are wonderful people.  I read these messages, and I feel the pain of the
ones who have lost loved ones, and I laugh with the ones who have to clean
up the mess their fuzzies made with things that you wouldn't imagine an
animal could even get to.  You are truly wonderful people and anyone who
is good to animals will be blessed, and you will be taken care of.  I
believe that with all my heart.

In closing, I wanted to mention a wonderful shelter in Marietta, GA.  It
is called Ferret Business of Georgia.  Juliana is truly a special person.
I didn't think anyone loved animals as much as I do, but she gives me a
run for my money.

I want to close by saying keep loving your pets the way you do, and maybe
other people will catch on, and we will be able to save the world,
together.

Thanks & God Bless You,

Amy&
Big Al, Sam, Sparky, & Mush Man

*In memory of my guys who went to the bridge to wait for me.  Flyfer,
Penny, and Ruby Girl.  I love you and miss you so much.